I gotta keep trying.

Welcome to Midnight.

Friday, April 15, 2005

About Face

I'm sitting at my computer listening to the latest Over the Rhine album, Drunkard's Prayer, trying to process what has happened this last week. Our lives have turned completely around and are heading in a direction I never expected, only dreamed of. After turning down Jews for Jesus and planning to strike out on our own, I feel almost euphoric at the possibilities. I don't regret the last year at all, maybe just the debt we've incurred (I regret that a lot), but I feel completely liberated and ready for our next family adventure.
Although we are nervous about jobs and supporting the family, we are very excited about living in a brand new place and living closer to Mindy. There are so many great things about Louisville: archery ranges in the city parks, photography classes at the park district for $52, getting to eat at Lynn's Paradise Cafe whenever I damn well please; that's the life for me!
I'm on a daily e-mail list that sends me a devotional from the Bruderhof Community. One day this poem was on there. I just fell for it. It's beautiful.

To Jesus in the Spring

Oh, break the chrysalis of doubt!
Plough up the clods of thick despair
And split the buds of ignorance,
And cleanse the winter-heavy air.

Create a tumult in our hearts!
Drive us to seek what we have lost,
Until the flame of faith again
Has seared us with thy Pentecost.

Jane Tyson Clement

1 comment:

kirk and sarah said...

Cool poem! I think i'll put it on our blog. Hope you don't mind me being a copycat...